Star Pasta Salad
You know when you’re in the grocery store and you are pretty sure you have an ingredient at home so you don’t buy it? Well, I had that happen to me as I was shopping for company this week. Then I get home and sure enough, I didn’t have the ingredient I thought I did! So I improvised and my Star Pasta Summer Salad is what I got out of it. I was very pleased with how it turned out! It’s got a kick with the curry powder, freshness of the veggies and sweet flavor of the dried apricots, a bowl full of summer!
- 2 cups star pasta
- 4 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Approx 10 dried apricots, diced
- ¼ cup sweet mild onion, diced (optional)
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon. lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves
Step by Step Instructions
Mix dressing ingredients in a cup. Set aside
In a medium sized pot, bring water to boil. Add pasta. Cook according to packaged directions, till pasta is al dente. Drain and place in a large bowl to cool.
When pasta is cool, add all of the above ingredients to the bowl. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp. Curry powder.
Pour dressing over all ingredients in your bowl. Mix well. Taste for salt preference.
Cool in fridge for a while, or if you wish serve immediately. Keeps well for a few days.
– Dressing should be enough just to coat lightly. If not enough dressing, make another batch and pour a bit more over ingredients in bowl. Excess dressing could be used over a lettuce salad.
– Couscous could be used instead of pasta stars.